A Quarter Millennium...
The Salvator Pharmacy has been supporting the citizens of Eisenstadt in health matters for 250 years.
A review using catchphrases
• May 1760 - as of this date the pharmacist Franz Gottlieb Fröhlich pays taxes for his newly etablished pharmacy which was called "to the golden crown", at the time.
• May 1761 - Prince Paul II Anton employs the 29year old Joseph Haydn as Vice Orchestra master.
• 1763 - Franz Anton Fröhlich takes over the Pharmacy upon the death of his father, Franz Gottlieb Fröhlich
• 12th November 1766 - During a visitation of the Pharmacy, the Doctor in the commission reports; "all the medications were of good quality and fresh, in plentiful supply and meticulously conserved".
(Source; Kurt Ryslavy, materials to the Pharmacies and Pharmacists of Burgenland)
• 2nd August 1768 - large parts of Eisenstadt´s centre near the Cloister and the Franziskus Cloister are burnt down.
• 1770 - Concession of the Pharmacy in the Main Street, 4.
• 22nd November 1793 - Franz Anton Fröhlich dies.
• 1796 - His heirs sell the Pharmacy to Wendelin Praeter.
• 7th April 1821 - Paul Stohler buys the Pharmacy.
• 28th February 1856 - As a result of judicial correspondence the Pharmacy is now renamed "Zum Salvator".
• 1905 - The Pharmacy is now called its official and present day name "Salvator Apotheke".
• 12th June 1912 - Mag Geza Holle buys the Salvator Pharmacy, his great-grandson, Robert Müntz guides the fortunes of the pharmacy swathed in its history.
• July 1985 - Robert Müntz begins to make his own homeopathic remedies in the laboratory of the Pharmacy.
• 1998 - The Pharmacy is renovated and re-built. On the second floor a modern homeopathic lab is installed.
• 2003 - Mag Robert Müntz founds the company Remedia Homeopathy GmbH as a sister company to the Salvator Pharmacy, whose leadership is passed over to his wife, Sabine Müntz.
• 2006 - renewed modernization and enlargement of salesroom
• 2010 - celebrations and special offers to commemorate 250 years of the Salvator Apotheke!
Mag. Nikolaus Berke 1924